UPDATE: 15 JULY 2021
Unfortunately following 3 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases overnight, the Premier and Chief Health Officer have just announced that COVID-19 restrictions will be extended in parts of South East Queensland for the next seven days until 6am, Friday 23 July.
• Masks are required.
• Retailers can only accommodate one person per 4 square metres inside at a time.
• Smaller cafes and restaurants (under 200sqm) can allow for one person per 2 square metres.
• You must be seated to eat or drink. Masks can be temporarily removed while consuming food or drink.
All stores in Stafford City Shopping Centre are open and ready for your business.
Don’t forget wear a mask and please ensure you are checking in via the Check In QLD app when visiting the centre or visiting any of our retailers. The QR codes are conveniently located at each of our entries and throughout the centre. Our friendly Centre Management team are happy to assist those without a smart phone.
Thanks for your ongoing support. Together we can stop the spread.
UPDATE: 3 JULY 2021
It is business as usual from 6pm this evening, as we exit the Covid lockdown. All retailers will be able to trade when we open the shopping centre tomorrow morning. A quick reminder on the following:
- We still need to wear masks until Friday 15 July.
- We all need to check in when arriving at the shopping centre using the Check In QLD app. Look for the QR codes at the entries.
- Keep up the hand washing and sanitising.
- Any flu-like symptoms please get tested.
- If you are feeling unwell or awaiting Covid test results please stay home.
We look forward to seeing everyone open again and welcoming our customers back to the shopping centre. ❤️
UPDATE: 29 JUNE 2021
As you may have heard the Premier has announced a three day lockdown starting from 6pm tonight until Friday 2 July 2021. This means that people are only allowed to leave home for the following reasons:
- Essential shopping
- Medical needs or taking care of someone vulnerable
Shopping centres can remain open, being essential shopping. However there are restrictions in place and are as follows:
- All businesses that can remain open must adhere to one person per 4 square metres
- Retail food services including pubs, restaurants, cafes and fast food outlets can provide takeaway service only
- Cinemas, entertainment and recreation venues, gyms, swimming pools etc to close
- Hairdressers, spas, nail salons, beauty salons, waxing salons, tanning salons, tattoo parlours to close
- Massage parlours to close unless services are provided by a registered health practitioner or qualified massage therapist
- Libraries, playgrounds, book swaps and community spaces to close
It is more important than ever that if you have any COVID symptoms that you get tested immediately. Continue washing your hands, wear your masks, use the Check In QLD app where required, and maintain social distancing.
If you have any queries it is best to refer to the Queensland Health website https://www.health.qld.gov.au/ or call 13HEALTH.
Together we can stop the spread. ❤️
UPDATE: 28 JUNE 2021
The QLD Premier, Anastacia Palaszczuk has announced that masks will be made mandatory in parts of south-east Queensland for two weeks from 1am Tuesday 29 June. This is following on from Queensland recording 3 new COVID-19 cases.
Therefore, please note the new restrictions that have been announced and how it will affect you and Stafford city Shopping Centre:
- You must always carry a face mask with you when you leave your home.
- You will be required to always wear a mask whilst in the shopping centre – both staff and customers.
- You must be seated to drink or eat in cafés and restaurants.
- Businesses and venues must return to the one person per 4m² inside and one person per 2m² outdoors. Smaller venues up to 200m² are allowed one person per 2m² with a maximum of 50 people.
- Remember you need to check into the shopping centre using the Check In QLD app.
Additionally, all visitors and workers should not enter Stafford City if in the previous 14 days they have:
- Returned to Australia from overseas (other than a safe travel zone country)
- Been in close contact with an active COVID-19 case
- Been in a Queensland declared COVID-19 hotspot, place of concern or exposure venue, as defined by the Chief Health Officer
- Had a fever, cough, sore throat, headache, distorted sense of taste, shortness of breath, chills, vomiting or any cold/flu like symptoms in the last 72 hours
Our prominent goal is to reduce the spread of the virus and reduce the longer-term impact on the community and our retailers here at Stafford City Shopping Centre. Should you have any concerns you can call 13HEALTH or the National Coronavirus Helpline (operates 24/7) on 1800 020 080. If you require translating or interpreting services, please call 131 450.
Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation ❤️